Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a group of hyperlinks from the NHL and across the hockey world. Have a hyperlink you wish to submit? E-mail us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Gerard Gallant on the Rangers’ low season of including toughness, and whether or not that’s as a result of Tom Wilson: “It’s not going to overhaul the staff. We’ll handle that earlier than the primary sport of the yr, I’m positive, however the backside line is that after we introduced these gamers in over the summer time we wished to make our staff harder to play in opposition to.” [NY Post]
• The NHL is taking a look at a Maple Leafs-Sabres outside sport at Tim Hortons Area in Hamilton subsequent March. [Toronto Sun]
• Why Marc Bergevin ought to let Jesperi Kotkaniemi go to Carolina and take again the draft picks. [PHT]
• Ought to Kotkaniemi find yourself with the Canes, the Canadiens’ heart depth shall be fairly skinny. [A Winning Habit]
• “[I]f the Hurricanes wish to preserve Kotkaneimi after this season it’s going to price them at the least one other $6.1 million in a qualifying provide. It’s form of a put up kind season instantly for a participant. You may get away with that for one yr, but when Jesperi fails to take a big step ahead, it’s possible that this may find yourself as a $6.1 million sensible joke — regardless of how satisfying the revenge could also be.” [WRAL Sports Fan]
• The U.S. girls will tackle Finland Monday within the semifinals of the IIHF World Championship. Canada will tackle Switzerland within the different semifinal. [The Ice Garden]
• What is going to Elias Pettersson‘s subsequent contract seem like? Most likely nearer to Jack Eichel than Andrei Svechnikov. [Pass it to Bulis]
• Could Matt Boldy become the Wild’s next game-breaker? [Zone Coverage]
• How Stars head coach Rick Bowness is doing his part to grow the game. [The Hockey News]
• Taking a look at the 2021-22 Sabres, Bruins, and Red Wings. [NBC Sports Edge]
More NHL news
Why Canadiens should refuse to match Jesperi Kotkaniemi offer sheet Tarasenko, Binnington, and defense: Blues still have some unanswered questions Pacific Division Review: Can anybody challenge Golden Knights?
Sean Leahy is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy
PHT Morning Skate: Gallant on Rangers’ toughness; Leafs-Sabres outside sport? initially appeared on NBCSports.com
Orignal Article From Orignal Source link